Saturday, March 10, 2007

Flickr and blogging

I am already behind in my 27 things! I have found it difficult to fit it in at work and haven't had much time at home this week to really work with Flickr. If you have never used Flickr before, it is fairly time-consuming to do all of the things we are asked to do. I have managed to upload a few photos to my Flickr account (awaiting approval, I assume), and I have also explored some of the public photos. Here is a link to a recent photo montage that I particularly liked:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cloudnumber9/415708017/

Too bad we couldn't see the lunar eclipse from here!


I think Flickr is a fun site and I might use it in the future to post photos for friends and family members to view.

The most difficult part of Learning 2.0 for me so far is blogging. I have never had a burning desire to blog, and most of the personal blogs I've seen are, well... boring. "Today I took the bus to Fremont and got my hair cut", for example. I actually read that on someone's blog once! Now, I can see posting about getting your hair cut if you went in just to get a trim and came out with an orange mohawk, or if the hairstylist slipped and lopped off your ear (in which case, it would be a public service to name the salon so I would know to avoid it!), but nothing unusual seems to have happened in this case, so is just getting a haircut blogworthy?

But maybe I'll learn to like blogging by doing this exercise and I, too, can join the ranks of bloggers who write about what they ate for breakfast!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, thanks for your help! I can now post comments to everyone. Where is the picture of "you and your little horse too"

Unknown said...

I love your link to the lunar eclipse (and also your rantings):)